These apple pancakes smell and taste like autumn. By adding apple compote to these pancakes, you’ll be rewarded with sweet and fluffy pancakes. The cinnamon acts as the cherry on the top. In short, these healthy apple pancakes are a must for your next brunch table.
Healthy apple pancakes
- 1 dl flour
- 1 dl oatmeal
- 125 g applesauce or apple compote
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 dl milk cow’s or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- A pinch cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar if your apples are sour or you like sweeter pancakes
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter can be omitted, but is delicious
- Butter or oil for frying
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or blend it with a stick blender. Alternatively, you can mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir well with a whisk.
- Heat a pan well, then turn down the heat. Add some oil or butter, unless you are using a non-stick pan, then you can do without.
- Start by making a test pancake or two. Make small pancakes of approx. 1.5 tablespoons of batter and flip them with a palette knife when they start to bubble. When you are satisfied with the pancakes, continue until you have no batter left.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice, such as honey, yoghurt, almond butter etc.